Colombian based Company aimed at providing Internet & Intranet software solutions using ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server. From content management to CRM solutions, take your site to the next level with our cost effective and high quality applications.
|Some Notes after several years of Experience |
Written by Anonymous User (#1800-282) (Friday, May 09, 2008)
Writer is with: http://www.womensradio.com
||Strengths: Good Apps for moderate and internal admin use
Weaknesses: Intermittent Support...We could write pages of improvement specs...
Details: Xigla, for the most part, has software whose design has much merit. It got us started and, sadly, we have outgrown it. Too bad we are not programmers as we can see some improvements that are desperately needed. We could write pages of functional specs that would make Xigla apps very current and flexible for today's content management needs. There is no point to do this and the Xigla programmers could care less. We know as we have given a ton of ideas with little or no acknowledgement.
1) Xigla Content Management Software (CMS) is highly centralized and does not utilize the "community contribution" paradigm. In other words, Xigla CMS does not allow for outside content contributors to sign up on their own and add content. Only the administrator can do this by assigning accounts...this is too tedious for bringing in content from different sources or contributors. Imagine how much content we could get if Xigla did this!
2) Our assigned content contributors complain often that the Xigla CMS is too tedious and as a result we spend hours training contributors on how to do this...not a good use of our time.
3) Only recently has Xigla started to design their apps for cross-browser use. We suffered for years with users who used other browsers other than IE because Xigla programmers were too stubborn to change.
4) Xigla needs to segregate the content files from their app files by using different folders. The reason: the content files and their cached replicates can create huge folders that are not accessible through programs like Express Web on a Windows server. FTP is your only option here.
5) We found that saving content can be hazardous. There were many times where the content did not save and we would have to do it again...ouch. We know now how to get around this. But for those of you who do know, this can have you pulling your hair out.
Again, we could write pages of notes but space on this forum will not permit us.
Review Based On: 47 Month(s) of usage
ZERO Customer Support
Written by Anonymous User (#1517-255) from Atlanta, Georgia (Tuesday, March 20, 2007)
Weaknesses: No customer support
Details: Go on their website. Click on Support. There is a "Live Support" button. I bet you it says "Offline". So call their number, in Columbia, and I will also bet you it will ring and ring and ring and ring and no one will answer.
Try sending an email. You will get a response in a day or so that will have no useful information in it.
Review Based On: 3 Day(s) of usage
|Rebuttal From Listing Owner: That's interesting. I wonder what ticket number did you get and what reply was sent to you and which application were you requesting support for. As stated in the previous message : "We really would like to know what application did you purchase from and what support tickets did you submit. All inquiries are usually answered within 24 hours in weekdays".
But I'm pretty sure that all those previous messages are from you. Because we stand 100% behind our products and services. |
Good Product-Horrendous Customer support
Written by Anonymous User (#1439-183) from Boston (Saturday, November 04, 2006)
||Strengths: Easy to use application once installed
Weaknesses: ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT! Purchase product and they disappear
Details: I purchased one of their apps. Product is very easy to use. I had an small issue that I needed resolved and I've contacted them 4 times and yet no response. Again zero customer service. Just be sure you can fix any issues yourself.
Review Based On: 1 Month(s) of usage
|Rebuttal From Listing Owner: We really would like to know what application did you purchase from and what support tickets did you submit.
All inquiries are usually answered within 24 hours in weekdays.
Also, you mention your site as GMail, which is none of our customers. |
Written by Anonymous User (#1731-226) from Putnam, CT (Tuesday, June 06, 2006)
||Strengths: Great software - Horrible support - difficult to configure
Weaknesses: Horrible support (non-existent)
Details: I spent over $800 on this software, and they will not return my emails. They are from South America and will disappear once you buy the software.
Review Based On: 12 Month(s) of usage
Written by Anonymous User (#1474-167) from australia (Sunday, July 04, 2004)
||Strengths: Attention to Detail, Simplicity to setup, Documentation, Price,
Details: As a small Web Design company we have to keep our prices competitive but also compete with larger companies with more Development Staff and expertise. The Xigla Absolute Form Processor has allowed us to concentrate on producing a fantastic looking site with an Xigla backend that captures information reliably and forwards content to any number of chosen email addresses. This is a really well thought out product. It covers many more needs that we could have developed or thought of ourselves with limited time and to a budget. Our Client was over the moon with our website - and credit must go to Xigla Software for producing such a well thought out, succinct and simple to apply product. The Documentation is excellent - possibly the best written support docs that we have seen. No problems with setup - in fact it can be up and running in half an hour from purchase. What more could you ask for from such a well priced product. Top marks to Xigla and to their Development Team - we will have absolutely no qualms in using their products again.
Review Based On: 2 Month(s) of usage
Great Off the shelf Apps
Written by Hillarie B from Macon GA (Wednesday, July 31, 2002)
Writer is with: http://www.computerlogic.com
||Strengths: Great user manual, quick support response
Weaknesses: Minor typos/misspellings in product
Details: We are using Xigla's Poll Manager and News Manager and so far both products have met our needs and surpassed expectations. You can't beat the price when you compare the functionality and quality to similar products.
Review Based On: 2 Month(s) of usage